The deadline for applying to the PINC program for the spring of 2017 is extended until December 21st.
- Students who cannot commit to the entire program are welcome to apply!
PINC (Promoting Inclusivity In Computing) is a unique educational opportunity at San Francisco State University designed to lower the barriers that biology students experience in learning computer science skills.
- A two year program consisting of 15 units of computer science coursework that will expose students to computing topics such as: web design, mobile app development, data structures, and algorithms.
- Students take courses with other biology students and courses are uniquely tailored to the PINC Program.
- In addition, students are mentored weekly in small groups headed by Computer Science graduate students.
- Students earn an Emphasis in Computer Science after successful completion of the curriculum.
- NO prior computer science background needed!
- Students receive a laptop and Android phone on loan for the duration of the program.
You can apply here: Wufoo Application Site.
If you have any questions, please reach out to one of us.